A Few Days Before The Shoot...
Call / text your photographer! Confirm time, location, wardrobe and ask any last minute questions.
- Greasy, spicy, and salty food.
- Get your hair trimmed by your regular stylist if you need it.
- If you dye your hair, make sure your color is good and roots are not visible.
- Get a touch-up done, if necessary.
If you are having close-ups done or getting makeup applied, have a light facial to close the pores. Test-run this step several weeks prior to make sure you don't have any adverse reactions.
Day/Night Before The Shoot...
- Remove hair from underarms and legs if applicable.
- Don't forget your bikini line if you are going to be in swimwear!
- This should not be your first time using a product, only use self-tanner the day before a shoot if you are experienced with it and know it will look natural.
- Avoid drinking any alcohol, it leaves the face puffy.
- Remove any watches, rings, or other jewelry that could leave an impression on your skin.
- Try not to schedule any activities today, just relax and rest your nerves if you are anxious about the shoot.
Get plenty of sleep!
Day Of The Shoot:
If the shoot is very early (sunrise), go for a light jog prior to the shoot to wake up your face. This eliminates the tired look we see on most people first thing in the morning.
RIGHT BEFORE THE SHOOT:
- Wear sweatpants and loose sneakers. You'll look a lot less stylish when you arrive but you won't have any marks on your skin during the shoot - and isn't that what's important???
- Pack all of your wardrobe (with shoes, accessories, and props) and your model kit and arrive on time. It's so important to be punctual, especially for outdoor shoots.
Make this a priority.
Please let me know if there's any questions about any prep information.